Kristine C. Alessio
LA MESA CITY COUNCIL
Wondering more about your Councilwoman?
* Is the second person born in La Mesa to be elected to the City Council. The first was Mayor Mark Arapostathis!
* Has a teenaged daughter who attends Grossmont High School and has been in Peter Pan Junior Theater and later C. Chook Theater since the fifth grade.
* Was a member of La Mesa's Pet Therapy Program with her cats Clarice and Firework.
* Volunteered for Project Safe Harbor providing pro-bono legal services for victims of domestic violence.
* Refuses to take a "car allowance" from the City although one is provided believing that the taxpayers of La Mesa shouldn't pay for her personal vehicle.
* Was a former Regional Director for the International Cat Association (TICA), representing cat owners in the states of California, Nevada, Arizona and Hawaii.
* Is an avid runner, walker and hiker. She was one of the first 100 people to complete Mission Trails Regional Park's "Five Peak Challenge".
* Is a collector of Plein Air art (California Impressionism).
* Favorite vacation spot is Los Barrilles, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
* Is a founder and Director of a non-profit cat rescue organization.
* Showed Quarter horses as a young woman in the Pacific Southwest Quarter Horse Association.
* Is the former President of the Grossmont-Mt. Helix Improvement Association (GMIA).
* Won a Union-Tribune High School Journalism award for sportswriting.
* Is a former member of the Boards of Directors of both the East County YMCA and the Boys & Girls Clubs of East County.
* Is an animal and nature lover, having had snakes, lizards, birds, dogs and cats as pets.
* Is a graduate of the University of California, San Diego with a Bachelor's in Philosophy, and areas of concentration (minors) in Cultural Anthropology and Scientific Perspectives.
* Is a graduate of California Western School of Law and has been a member in good standing of the California Bar since 1996.
* Favorite quote: "In gratitude for your good fortune, your must render some sacrifice of your life for another life" - Albert Schweitzer